imx6 hdmi output corrupt when rotate at 1080p

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

imx6 hdmi output corrupt when rotate at 1080p

lixiaohui
Contributor II

on my customized imx6 android jb4.3 board, my kernel video cmdline has been set as below:

video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,800*1280@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1920x1080M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=14M,28M vmalloc=512M

so after power on , the hdmi output is just the same as hdmi_no_rotate.jpg. in this picture, hdmi output is in portrait mode. it is not corrupt. but it have not cover the full hdmi screen. 
so i unpluged the hdmi cable. and rotate the primary screen at 90 degrees to change it into landscape mode. after this, i plugged the hdmi cable again, and have found hdmi output corrupt when it is in landscape mode. please refer to hdmi_rotate.jpg below.

but at another video cmdline:

video=mxcfb0:dev=lcd,800*1280@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb1:dev=hdmi,1280x720M@60,if=RGB24,bpp=32 video=mxcfb2:off fbmem=14M,28M vmalloc=512M

in this video cmdline, hdmi output can not be corrupted when rotate the primay screen.

so i wonder why main screen hasn't been corrupt but sceond screen has been corrupt at hdmi 1080p,

and why main screen and second screen haven't been corrupt at hdmi 720P.

accoring to edid from my TV, both hdmi 720p and 1080p can be supported without any problem. 

many thanks if some body can explain this reason. 

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi li

this may be hdmi driver bugs, could you try later than android jb4.3 releases, found on

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

lixiaohui
Contributor II

our customer has strongly suggest us using android jb4.3. so when have to make some efforts to enhance hdmi display on imx6 jb4.3 platform.but we haven't suceesed.

Are you sure it's hdmi drvier bug?  if so ,why its display output has not corrrupt when hdmi work at 720P display mode? is it related with display mode (720p not corrupt, 1080p,480p corrupt)?

i spend lots of time and energy on this investigation. I even think it may be caused with GPU render's shortcoming.

please tell me the reason if anybody knows ,and the bug fix for this problem. i thanks very very much.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

you are right, in general gpu driver was greatly improved in

latest releases and lot of its bugs were fixed. Suggested to migrate

to latest kernels. For fixing old android jb4.3 one can try patches as described in

attached Release Notes and apply to NXP Professional Services:

http://www.nxp.com/support/nxp-professional-services:PROFESSIONAL-SERVICE
Pro-Support contact www.nxp.com/prosupport

0 Kudos

aravinthkumarja
Senior Contributor II

Hi li xiaohui,

How you are rotating the screen.

0 Kudos

lixiaohui
Contributor II

our primary display pannel is a portait display pannel, as its display mode is 800*1280.

when the primary screen is its orginal mode(portait display mode), i plug the hdmi cable, and the hdmi output display  is no corrupted, just like hdmi_no_rate.jpg i upload. 

our customized board has a acc senosr on it, which can make display output auto-rotate.i rotate the borad by 90 degree,and the primary display can chang from its orignal portait display into lanscape display, at this time , i plug the hdmi cable, i found hdmi display output corrputed.

0 Kudos