Manavdeep Grewal

How to add custom binaries and other configuration files in rootfs of yocto based fsl sdk.

Discussion created by Manavdeep Grewal on Sep 23, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 2, 2016 by Manavdeep Grewal

Hi,

I am working on P series processors (P5040,P1022 and P1010). I want to add some files to rootfs image. With reference to the How to add custom application to linux rootfs, I have been trying to add files to the path "\meta-fsl-networking/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge" but that didn't work.

Then I noticed that in my Qoriq getting started manuak, QorIQ SDK v1.8 Info Center.pdf, under section 2.1.2.15 (FAQs) How do I add a pre-built binary into the rootfs? the following is the answer:

• cd meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files
  •  Put the files into files/merge, e.g. put bash into files/merge/usr , bash will be included in usr/ of the new rootfs.
  • Build new rootfs image:
    • $ bitbake <rootfs-target>

I have put the file name "test_file1" under the folder meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge and "test_file2" under meta-fsl-ppc/recipes-extended/merge-files/files/merge/usr.

Then I have executed the following:

bitbake -c cleansstate fsl-image-minimal ; bitbake fsl-image-minimal.

The rootfs under <yocto_install_path>/build_p5040ds_release/tmp/work/p5040ds-fsl-linux/fsl-image-minimal/1.0-r0/rootfs doesn't have my files. Whats the way out?

Outcomes