AnsweredAssumed Answered

MPC5748G reset LED and power cycle issue when debugging

Question asked by Sungjoon Park on Sep 22, 2016
Latest reply on Oct 5, 2016 by Zahar Raskin

Hello,

I am working on a project with PWA MPC574XG-MB and Multilink Universal debugger. My colleague can flash a binary and successfully start debugging but it is not working on my side. As far as we can tell, the settings are identical but when I flash the binary to the board and start debugging, the red LED on reset goes on (D1) and the debugging session says it is running but I cannot set a break point or anything (it is not properly running). When I start debugging in this status, this window pops up and I need power cycle the board.

My colleague is running S32 on win7 and I am running S32 on win10. We have our own library path, include path and .ld file. I even tried with the same binary file that my colleague built but the result was the same. I could do simple LED toggle project on the board (and debug) so I don't think there is anything wrong with the hardware. We suspect there is something missing/wrong with the setting. Do you know what might be the problem when this happens? Please let me know if you need to know anything else.

Thank you,

Sungjoon

Outcomes