SPI ROM Driver on LPC8xx?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPI ROM Driver on LPC8xx?

thomasjohansen
Contributor I

In a prev. thread a NXP memeber wrote 'it wasn't recommended to use the SPI ROM driver of the LPC8xx'.

Is this still the case? and why?

Thomas

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Johansen,

The fig 1 has illustrated the SPI API calls and you can use these API calls directly if the API calls meet your requirement.

2016-09-26_13-54-12.jpg

Fig 1

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

thomasjohansen
Contributor I

Hi, 

Thanks for reply. This 3 year old post a NXP support memeber state that its usage is NOT recommended?

[LPC8xx] SPI ROM driver, missing DMA_HANDLE_T specification | www.LPCware.com  

Thomas

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Thomas Johansen,

In the reference manual, you can find a lot information about using the SPI ROM API calls.

In my opinion, you can have a try.

If you have any question about it, you can feel free to contact with me.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos