P2041 configure for 2 PCIe slot operation

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P2041 configure for 2 PCIe slot operation

anthonyschech
Contributor I

I am trying to configure a P2041RDB-PC so that it an operate with both PCIe slots. When i replace the RCW with my edited RCW, and boot using that RCW, it doesn't boot. The power comes on briefly and U-boot doesn't come up, and the board shuts down. Any help would be incredibly useful. I'm trying to use SerDes Protocol 0x0A.

An example of one of the RCW's that i have tried is attached.

Thanks,

T.Schech

Labels (1)
Tags (3)
3 Replies

r8070z
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Please describe how you change the RCW.

anthonyschech
Contributor I

I have tried manually writing over some characters in one of the RCW's that comes with the board (rcw_14g_1500mhz.bin)

=>tftp 1000000 rcw_14g_1500mhz.bin

=>mw.l 0x01000018 0x488e80c0

=>protect off all

=>erase ec000000 ec01ffff

=>cp.b 1000000 ec000000 $filesize

That's basically what i had tried. When i switched banks and tried to boot it U-boot doesn't even come up. There is a very brief moment of power and then it shuts off.

I have also tried editing the RCW's in ultra edit and tftp'd and copied them into bank 1 with the same results.

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Look at the QorIQ SDK 2.0 Documentation:

http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/support_info/QORIQ-SDK-2.0-IC-REV0.zip?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Su...

See the Section 4.4.7.5 for RCW loading on the P2041RDB board.

See the Section 4.4.7.8 for programming a New U-Boot, RCW, FMan Microcode on the P2041RDB board.

Use recommended command sequence for RCW loading.

Usually the following command sequence is used for RCW building.

bitbake -c cleansstate rcw

bitbake -c patch rcw    // the rcw source code is available

bitbake -c compile rcw // rcw building

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos