cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EPDC Dev Boards

JohnKaye
Contributor II

Dear NXP,

I have evk_6sl, sabresd_7d, and EBOOKDC4 devkits which are being used for the development of a product with an EINK display. The latest NXP Marshmallow release is running on both devkits. When the EBOOKDC4 is run from the sabresd_7d, the images look sharp. When the EBOOKDC4 is run from the evk_6sl, the images are blurry.

Questions:

1. Will the EBOOKDC4 run properly from an evk_6sl? The EBOOKDC3 was designed to work with the evk_6sl.
  2. Is there a different EINK waveform/firmware file for the evk_6sl?
  3. Are there epdc interface connector differences between the sabresd_7d and evk_6sl?

I appreciate your help.

-John

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Q1. Will the EBOOKDC4 run properly from an evk_6sl? The EBOOKDC3 was designed to work with the evk_6sl.

A1. Yes, the EBOOKDC4 EPD daughter card should run properly from the i.MX6SoloLite EVK board if using the correct waveforms (the waveforms are different for the i.MX6SoloLite and i.MX7Dual processors).

Q2. Is there a different EINK waveform/firmware file for the evk_6sl?

A2. Yes, the waveform firmware files for the same EP Display part are different for the i.MX6SoloLite EVK and i.MX7Dual SABRE SD boards, see above.

Q3. Are there epdc interface connector differences between the sabresd_7d and evk_6sl?

A3. The J12 EPD connector of the i.MX6SoloLite EVK board and the J13 EPD connector of the i.MX7Dual SABRE SD board are mostly compatible with some minor differences.

Have a great day,
Artur

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

JohnKaye
Contributor II

Thanks Artur, very helpful.

Can you please provide, or point me at, the EBOOKDC4 waveform files for the i.MX6SoloLite EVK.

Also, I understand that there is a waveform file generation tool that NXP uses; can that be provided to me?

Cheers,

-John

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Do you have the default 6" EPD panel or optional 13.3" panel installed on your EBOOKDC4 daughter board? Please specify this to make me able to process the appropriate waveform file.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

JohnKaye
Contributor II

I have the default 6" EPD panel.

Thanks,

-John

0 Kudos

JohnKaye
Contributor II

Hi Artur,

Any progress on the waveform file?

Thanks,

-John

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Try both of the attached ones.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos

art
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

I'm in progress of finding the correct .wbf file for the EBOOKDC4 daughter board to parse it for i.MX6SL. Will be back to youas soon as I'll find it.

Best Regards,

Artur

0 Kudos