Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

External Flash tool for Kinetis MCUs

Jump to solution
darnaiadam
Contributor III

Hi,

I'm interested about flash my freedom board with an external tool, instead of internal Eclipse Flash programmer. Is there any way to do it? (OS is Linux Ubuntu)

1 Solution
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darnai Adam,

I think the JLink tool is good choice.

And you can learn the more information about the Eclipse with GDB through the thread below.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/25/command-line-programming-and-debugging-with-gdb/ 

Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

5 Replies
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darnai Adam,

To be honest, I'm not very clear the meaning of the internal Eclipse Flash programmer you mentioned above.

So can you explain it again? And do you want some debug tools?
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
bcamp
Contributor III

Hi

I suspect that:

Eclipse = KDS supplied / bundled programmer.

External = stand alone programmer that will load the same files without KDS being installed.

Bob

darnaiadam
Contributor III

Yes, thats what I meant. I'd like to use a programmer that communicates with GDB server and than flash my application through the USB connection to the Processor, without any IDE, for example KDS. I read that there are solutions via terminal, but I prefer an application that provide a GUI for the user.

0 Kudos
jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Darnai Adam,

I think the JLink tool is good choice.

And you can learn the more information about the Eclipse with GDB through the thread below.

https://mcuoneclipse.com/2015/03/25/command-line-programming-and-debugging-with-gdb/ 

Have a great day,
Ping

darnaiadam
Contributor III

Thank you very much!

0 Kudos