cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART goes out of synch?

louisthiery
Contributor I

Hello,

I'm having trouble on the imx6ul-evk. When I boot off of U-Boot/Linux SD Card included in the kit, I get serial output properly but it locks up randomly. Sometimes it's during the boot process, sometimes it gets all the way to the login screen and I can login.

If I skip the boot and play the the U-Boot environment, it eventually locks up as well. I tried burning the latest image to another card but I get the same issue.

I recompiled U-Boot but using UART2 which I interfaced with via the Arduino headers, but I get the same issue.

Any ideas for future troubleshooting? I could bypass UART and talk to the board over Ethernet, but clearly this remains an annoying issue.

Best,

Louis

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

b36401
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Does re-attaching device to the poard help to resync the interface?
Please doublecheck the cable and the connection.

Have a great day,
Victor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

louisthiery
Contributor I

Hi Victor

Reattaching it does resolve it, but only if I reboot the eval board as

well. I have tested this many many times, and yes, the cable is firmly

placed... The replicable problem that I have is that communications are

fine for 1 minute or so and then it goes out.

Best,

Louis

0 Kudos