cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN7150 does not seem to be performing any discovery

shaheenmahomed
Contributor I

Hi

I am  trying to interface an STM32F4 uProcessor to a PN7150.  I have the PN7150 with the Arduino SBC kit and have connected the STM32F4 to the SBC kit successfully.  I am able to RESET and INIT the PN7150 anf, following the User Manual, have gotten to the point where I send the Discovery Command and get back a STATUS_OK response.  I am not able to detect any cards or see any polling activity on the antenna of the SBC.

I have set up the discovery map  for T1T, T2T, T3T and ISO_DEP cards
uint8_t disc_map_command[] = { 0x21, 0x00, 0x0D, 0x04, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x02, 0x01, 0x01,  0x03, 0x01, 0x01, 0x04, 0x01, 0x02};

I'm not changing the configuration parameters and then I send the Discovery command

uint8_t disc_command[] = { 0x21, 0x03, 0x09, 0x04, 0x00, 0x01, 0x01, 0x01, 0x02, 0x01, 0x06, 0x01};

I dont see anything on the antenna indicating polling taking place, and there is no change in the IRQ to indicate a message from the NFCC when placing a card is placed in the antenna field.

Am i supposed to send the discovery command every time i would like to poll or is a single command supposed to initiate polling and make the NFCC poll cyclically?

How do i confirm that the NFCC is polling and what should i expect when a card is detected?

Thanks for any assistance you can provide to get this working.

Shaheen Mahomed

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Shaheen Mahomed,

Our apologies for the time with no response to your post. Do you still have this issue? Let me know the status.

Answering your questions:

- Once you send the discovery command (RF_DISCOVER_CMD) and if PN7150 responds with STATUS_OK, then the device will be in the RFST_DISCOVERY state executing the polling loop continuously.

- When a single card is detected and activated, then the PN7150 asserts the IRQ pin to send a notification to the host (RF_INTF_ACTIVATED_NTF).

Your configuration seems good to me, but you did not mention what kind of card you were trying to detect.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez

0 Kudos