cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FreeMASTER reads wrong values from S12ZVML128 via Multilink FX

恒鹏窦
Contributor I

Dear,

When I reading variables from S12ZVML128 by using FreeMASTER + Multilink FX, I found the read values were wrong.

In below picture, variables except orange one should be constant (linear curve), but reality is that the read values alternatively changed between real value and wrong value.

The problem repeated when I change the Multilink FX to Multilink, however it's right when I reading variables via SCI.

Below you can also find the COM configuration.

Pls help me!

Thanks!

164628_164628.jpgMultilink Reading Error.jpg

164629_164629.pngpastedImage_2.png

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

ZhangJennie
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

to solve your problem, we need reproduction first.

please upload your project here and also detail how to reproduce your problem step by step. thanks.

Have a great day,
Jennie Zhang

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

恒鹏窦
Contributor I

Hello Jennie,

Enclosed is my program, you can download it to your S12ZVML128 EVB directly, but pls do not forget to remove all of connections on you EVB.

Actually I had never success to read correct values from S12ZVML128 via FreeMASTER + Multilink (FX), everytime the read values changes between 0 and correct value.

I found same problem when I use CodeWarrior to read values via Multilink FX, but finally I think I found the root cause that below option was selected.

pastedImage_2.png

The bus clock of S12ZVML was set to 50MHz--twice times of max. frequency of Multilink FX. Finally the correct values was read once I cancle the option.

It might be the root cause, I want try to modify the BDM speed setting in FreeMASTER, but I found nothing so that I can

not solve this problem.

This problem puzzled me long time, in the past I read values via RS232 from EVB, but now I have to migrate the SW into prodcut HW, this is not RS232 access designed, so BDM seems the only choice to debug SW on uC.

Looking forward you feedback!

Thanks!

Yours,

Hengpeng

0 Kudos

恒鹏窦
Contributor I

An example:

The value is a constant (400), FreeMASTER displays the read values as curve, you can see the value of the curve upper envelope is 400, but the rest are totally wrong.

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos