How to get SPH0645LM4H working with imx6ul

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get SPH0645LM4H working with imx6ul

ankurgohel
Contributor I
We are developing an IoT based product using NXP imx6ul processor. We have used the SPH0645LM4H microphone. The microphone is connected to the processor on the I2S bus. The processor runs on Linux 3.14.52. As of now we are working on board bring up of the processor but we are not able to find any Linux driver for the mic in the kernel source code (3.14.52). We are trying to capture raw audio from the mic in Linux user-space. All of the peripherals are up and running and we are kind of stuck with the mic. We need to get this phase of the project done Monday, 19th September at all costs. Hence we really need someone to provide us guidance. Can someone from your team help us out here?
Thanks in advance for any help that you can provide!
Labels (3)
0 Kudos
8 Replies

hitesh_kasera
Contributor III

Hi,

is there anyone who has done the same (SPH0645LM4H working with imx6ul). or if anyone can guide for the same It will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Hitesh

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

both sai and wm8960.c support I2S.

I2C is used for control.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ankur

I am not aware of SPH0645LM4H  linux driver, but if microphone

is connected to codec, one can reuse for example wm8960 or sgtl5000 driver and

add microphone init codes to i2c section of codec driver.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

ankurgohel
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

Thanks!

The microphone is a digital microphone and outputs i2s data directly (http://www.knowles.com/kor/content/download/5988/105771/version/4/file/SPH0645LM4H-BRevB.PDF ). The I2S output lines of MIC are connected directly to the SAI interface channel 2. If you would see the datasheet it says that no codec is needed. Hence, in our design we have not used any codecs. Can you get someone to provide us a direction about how this can be achieved?

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ankur

one can reuse existing wm8960 driver, removing specific wm8960

settings.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

ankurgohel
Contributor I

We checked the source code for the driver located at "sound/soc/fsl/imx-wm8960.c". It seems the codec is based on I2C. We are looking for something based on I2S (Inter-IC Sound). Can you please suggest?

0 Kudos

niranjan_rao
Contributor II

Hi Ankur,

Did you get SPH0645LM4H to work, if so can you share it here?

thank you

0 Kudos

hitesh_kasera
Contributor III

Hi Niranjan,

Have you figured out a way to implement SPH0645LM4H with connect core 6 ul, If so please share the same. It will be really helpful.

Thanks,

Hitesh

0 Kudos