cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

One cpu of i.MX6DL doesn't work

Jump to solution
davidfincher
Contributor II

There is  only one cpu of   i.MX6DL  works. cat  /proc/cpuinfo  cannot find cpu1.

Why is this ?

Labels (2)
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Although multiple cores are available on this processor, only core0 automatically activates during the initial boot process. System Reset Controller (SRC) module, handles the reset signal for each core. By default, SRC keeps the secondary cores in a reset state after boot. Therefore, the application needs to enable the other available cores.

To enable the other available cores:

1. Initialize persistent bits for the secondary core being activated.
2. Set the core_enable signal for each of the cores in the SRC Control Register (bits 22:24, for core1, core2, and core3 respectively).
3. Once the enable bits are set, the corresponding core is released from its reset state, and it executes the boot ROM (at 0000 0000h).
4. The boot ROM determines if it is a secondary core and uses the presistent bit registers to determine what to execute next.

This boot process is described in detail in the "System Boot" chapter of the reference
manual.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi David,

Although multiple cores are available on this processor, only core0 automatically activates during the initial boot process. System Reset Controller (SRC) module, handles the reset signal for each core. By default, SRC keeps the secondary cores in a reset state after boot. Therefore, the application needs to enable the other available cores.

To enable the other available cores:

1. Initialize persistent bits for the secondary core being activated.
2. Set the core_enable signal for each of the cores in the SRC Control Register (bits 22:24, for core1, core2, and core3 respectively).
3. Once the enable bits are set, the corresponding core is released from its reset state, and it executes the boot ROM (at 0000 0000h).
4. The boot ROM determines if it is a secondary core and uses the presistent bit registers to determine what to execute next.

This boot process is described in detail in the "System Boot" chapter of the reference
manual.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
davidfincher
Contributor II

Hi Carlos_Musich,

Thank you for your relpy,I find the question now, The item "smp" cmdline is modified by some app, I can use two cores Now.

0 Kudos