Do imxvideoconvert_ipu support to resize from 1920x1080 to 800x480?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Do imxvideoconvert_ipu support to resize from 1920x1080 to 800x480?

tutran
Contributor I

Hi,

I use gstreamer plugins to resize the captured image from camera (full HD) to WVGA(800x480) and stream via RTP/UDP

but the image displayed in client side has a green noise at the bottom.

With the same pipeline but change to software scaling (videoscale plugin), the green noise disappeared.

This only happens with the new version 4.1.15, the older version 3.14.28 didn't meet issue.

As the specification it said that IPU support up to 1024x1024 output so I think the case is in supported range. The imx-tests now has a testcase for resize from HD to WVGA not from FullHD to WVGA. Can anyone confirm me whether the IPU3 work perfectly with the resize from fullHD to wvga resizing. Currently, I don't know where the problems come from (NXP plugins or the driver itself)

Have anybody met same issue with me or any hint or suggestion for this?

I am trying to trace the changes from 4.0.3 to 4.0.9 of nxp plugins, but it quite difficult because there are so many changes in source code.

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Bio_TICFSL
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Tu

IMX6 IPU does not support rotations above 1024x1024 ; so one needs to split image on smaller areas, or one hint could be to use the scaling and rotation via hardware accelerated g2d. Please check the gstreamer plugins and bugs fixed changes form version to version: 

gstreamer-imx/ChangeLog at master · Freescale/gstreamer-imx · GitHub 

Regards

0 Kudos

tutran
Contributor I

Hi Bio_TICFSL,

I would like to ask for some document related to imxv4l2src plugin developed by NXP. Currently, I had tried to enabled the original plugins of Gstreamer-imx which name imxv4l2videosrc, with the same pipeline but using gstreamer-imx plugin, no green band noise happen with the image.

I think that the issue is come from imxv4l2src plugin itself.

P.S: No rotation and de-interlacing applied in my pipeline.

0 Kudos

tutran
Contributor I

Hi Bio,

Thanks for your suggestion, as the information I got from gstreamer-imx two plugins I am using (imxv4l2src and imxvideoconvert_ipu) are developed by NXP community, just a strange phenomenon is that the green noise did not occur on 3.14.28 release, but with the updated version BSPv4.1.15 resizing meet the issues.

I did some testing to narrow down the scope of changing, for example:

- Capture to raw yuv via imxv4l2src and filesink

- Resize from fullHD raw file 1920x1080 to 800x480 by using filesrc and imxvideoconvert_ipu

The image is resized perfectly NO GREEN noise.

I think that the updating related to V4L2 plugin cause the issue of green noise.

I cannot see the github for NXP plugins source code so I cannot see the change sets history during upgrading from package gst1.0-fsl-plugins-4.0.3 to imx-gst1.0-plugin_4.0.9 and why those changes happens.

0 Kudos