Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Open SDA for serial communication

Jump to solution
samc
Contributor III

Hello,

I have a FRDM-KL43Z development board. I would like to know if it's possible to use the OpenSDA to communicate like a serial port with the target processor ?

I see correctly the created port COM (CDC Serial Port) in Device manager and I can enter inside like a storage G: (I see the HTML, TXT, CAT and INF files).

I'm able to open the port COM with the software "Hercules", so I imagine I can send data but I don't see how to retrieve the data in my MCU. I tried to add a UART with Processor Expert but UART0 is not available (only the UART2).

Best regards,

Sam,

0 Kudos
1 Solution
samc
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you, it's OK. I was misled by the schemtic of the kit where it's noted UART0 and not LPUART0, so I didn't see the UART0 when I added a fsl_uart, with fsl_lpuart it's OK.

Sorry for the trouble,

Sam,

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 Replies
samc
Contributor III

Hi,

Thank you, it's OK. I was misled by the schemtic of the kit where it's noted UART0 and not LPUART0, so I didn't see the UART0 when I added a fsl_uart, with fsl_lpuart it's OK.

Sorry for the trouble,

Sam,

0 Kudos
xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Sam,

Of course, you can use the USB CDC as a serial COM to communicate with KL43 on FRDM-KL43Z, pls refer to schematics of FRDM-KL43, the PTA1(PTA1/UART0_RX/TPM2_CH0) and PTA2(PTA2/UART0_TX/TPM2_CH1) pins are used as the SCI port(using uart0). Pls programe the uart0 so that it can communicate as serial port.

I suggest you download SDK2.0 based on KL43 from the website:

http://www.nxp.com/ksdk

You can use the Hello_World as the example.

C:\Freescale\SDK2.0KL43Z256\boards\frdmkl43z\demo_apps\hello_world in SDK2.0 tools

Hope it can help you

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos