cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

driving parallel LCD with SPI on iMX6sabreauto

kunalkulshresth
Contributor III

Hello Community,

I am trying to drive a 24-bit parallel RGB 40 pin LCD through a parallel display port provided on iMX6sabreauto platform. I have done the hardware pin mapping on both sides to make it compatible. The problem now is that the display has a SPI interface for control line whereas parallel port on iMX has a I2C line for control. I need suggestions to make the control line compatible to make this display with iMX. How do I map SPI data line on display to I2C line on parallel port on platform?

Any inputs are welcome. Also let me know if any questions.

Thanks and regards.

KK

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kunal

in general processor pad can be configured for multiple options, please check

Chapter 4 External Signals and Pin Multiplexing i.MX6SDL Reference Manual

http://cache.freescale.com/files/32bit/doc/ref_manual/IMX6SDLRM.pdf

There is no another option to "map SPI data line on display to I2C line".

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

kunalkulshresth
Contributor III

Hi Igor,

Thank you for your reply. So, You are referring to Pin Multiplexing from software or hardware point of view? Me being less aware of these techniques, need some inputs on how to do that? Any references will be helpful.

Thanks and regards,

KK

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Kunal

from i.MX6 capability point of view

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos

kunalkulshresth