LPC54102 - Do the timers require interrupts to trigger DMA transfers, or a match with a chosen value is enough?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LPC54102 - Do the timers require interrupts to trigger DMA transfers, or a match with a chosen value is enough?

doini
Contributor III

I am working with LPC54102 to transfer data from certain buffers to the GPIO outputs. 

The time is critical and I do not need interrupts each time a DMA transfer needs to be triggered.

Is it enough to program a timer (that can trigger a DMA channel) with a match value, and each time the TC will match that value a flag will trigger the DMA without interrupting (and going into the ISR in order to clear the interrupt)?

I would really appreciate your answer.

Thank you,

Doini

0 Kudos
2 Replies

jamesm
Contributor II

Hi Doini

Did you ever get this figured out? I am doing the same thing. I believe that there should be no interrupt necessary and that the match should be able to trigger the DMA unrelated to the exernal match pins. I have not been able to get this to work but I think that I am close. I posted a question about this including my LPCOpen code yesterday called "Cannot get DMA triggered with Timer Match".

Good Luck - James

0 Kudos

skanda19
Contributor III
did you guys figure it out ? haha
0 Kudos