I'm usually not the kind of person, posting questions on the Internet, but this MarS Board is really driving me crazy.
I'm a total noob in compiling and patching kernels. I just did my first kernel compiling a few days ago.
But I really need to enable the FlexCAN on the MarS Board.
I have the following problems with the MarS Board since day one:
- can't plug keyboard in it, it wont't recognize my Logitech wireless Mouse and Keyboard set and I don't have another one, it only recognizes my solo wireless mouse but then I can't type anything, of course
- so i ssh into the board to control it remote
I tried following:
- I tried the mainline stable kernel 4.7.3 and the MarS Board Kernel from here Dropbox - source_SVN2642 (3.0.35) and imx freescale kernels linux-2.6-imx.git - Freescale i.MX Linux Tree in different versions. But everytime I install them on the board, the shell says ok and I reboot, but it stucks in black screen and I have to press the reboot button or cut the power. When I after unplugging use uname -a i have the same kernel as ever.
- I only need to enable CAN, so I tried recompiled the existing kernel from here Dropbox - source_SVN2642 with the menuconfig options for FlexCAN, but of course the same as above
I don't know anything about:
- yocto or builtroot or ....
- i hate the linaro ubuntu on it, but I don't know how to build my own OS for it, I would prefer something smaller, no need for gui
So, I'm sorry for the extraordinary long post. But I'm a girl in need.
I would appreciate any help.
I actually don't know what to do anymore...what am I missing???