i.MX6 solo lite custom board bring up without SD card

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i.MX6 solo lite custom board bring up without SD card

Rona
Contributor I

We have a custom board which is based on the i.MX6 EVK board.

The difference is that we do not have SD card and we use eMMC instead

We are trying to  upload Linux version fsl-yocto-L4.1.15_1.2.0 to the RAM using MFG tool version L4.1.X_1.2.0_ga

First we used the u-boot and BSP came with the MFG tool, than we compiled the BSP and u-boot for MFG tool and used them.

The MFG tool stops last indication is "Jumping to OS image". we tried to load the u-boot by itself and the last MFG indication was "Jumping to u-boot image". nothing after that.

in the MFG log all operations are successful until the jump:

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is running
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: Can't set m_hStopEvent before it initialized or it already stop

ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0] device chagned and reset to state 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Boot[WndIndex:0], File is D:\L4.1.X_1.2.0_ga-mfg-tools\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware\u-boot-imx6slevk_sd.imx
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Load[WndIndex:0], File is D:\L4.1.X_1.2.0_ga-mfg-tools\mfgtools\Profiles\Linux\OS Firmware\firmware\fsl-image-mfgtool-initramfs-imx_mfgtools.cpio.gz.u-boot, address is 0x83800000
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: PortMgrDlg(0)--Command Load excute successfully, retry count: 0
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: ExecuteCommand--Jump[WndIndex:0]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: *********MxHidDevice[028BF898] Jump to Ramkernel successfully!**********
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CmdOperation[0], current state command has been finished and the last command is successful, so SetEvent(hDevCanDeleteEvent)
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CCmdOpreation[0] thread is Closed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CCmdOpreation[0] thread is Closed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: DeviceManager::OnMsgDeviceEvent() - EVENT_KILL
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: CMyExceptionHandler::OnMsgExceptionEvent() - KillExceptionHandlerThread
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Exception Handler thread is closed
ModuleID[2] LevelID[1]: delete MxHidDeviceClass
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: delete MxHidDevice[028BF898]
ModuleID[2] LevelID[10]: Device Manager thread is closed

My win 7 computer is connected to UART1 on the board using USB to UART converter but nothing is shown in the terminal. should I get something?

Any idea what is the problem? is there a way to debug it?

Labels (4)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

Is Your board working ?
Have You tried to check memory using the DDR stress tester ?

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-105652 

Have a great day,
Yuri

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos