What NFC profiles supported I need

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What NFC profiles supported I need

kikbutoski
Contributor I

Hello, I already purchase a NT3H1101 and NT3H2211  NTAG's but I think they will not be compatible for my project because they are passive only.

And the scenarios is :

1. I want to read from nfc sticker or tag also to overwrite this tags so main chip need to switch profiles read and write.

2. For the main chip,  it should have tag emulation so if  any reader is near or for example some Android phone, to be able to read from it.

Maybe functionality is similar to Android NFC without p2p profile.

I'm really confused what chip I need to buy.

Appreciate any help, many thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Reply

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

For 1), you will need a NFC reader (it can be a NFC frontend or NFC Controller) in order to read/write to tags.

For 2), you can use a NFC profile such as Card emulation or NFC's P2P mode, for these profiles, same NFC frontend or NFC controller can be used.

Difference between NFC frontends and NFC controllers is that in the first one, frontend can be seen as "only NFC radio", so, another MCU that parse the data and build the packages/header (for NFC protocol) is needed. For the NFC controller, there is an MCU included in the solution and you can communicate with this MCU through serial interface such as SPI/I2C.

For NFC frontends you can look at: NFC Frontend Solutions|NXP  (PN5180, PN512, etc) and for NFC controllers you can look at: NFC Controller Solutions|NXP (PN7120, PN7462, etc)

I hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos