cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CW twrk64f120 USB_v2 MQX 4.2

marekpolak
Contributor I

Hello,

I am new in CW and MQX. I bought CW and I am using it with mk60f120. But it seems, that this MCU is outdated and I wanna upgrade to mk64f120. But I use with mk60f120 USB (v1) and now I cant find out, how to use USB (v2) in CW with MCU mk64f120

Thank you very much in advance for advice.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marek:

unfortunately, for Kinetis new devices (For example K64),  we support ds5, iar, kds, uv4 ,   codewarrior will only maintain the current Kinetis devices. I suggest you use KDS. KDS is a basic, complimentary, free development tool with no code size restrictions, for editing, compiling and debugging for all Kinetis MCUs.

Please  refer to the following questions regarding KDS and codewarrior.

KDS and CodeWarrior

1. Q: What is the difference between KDS and CodeWarrior?
    A: KDS is unlimited, and the debugger is using open source GDB instead of a proprietary debugger engine. KDS only supports Kinetis, while CodeWarrior supports other architectures including ColdFire, ColdFire+, DSC, Qorivva, PX, RS08, S08 and S12Z. CodeWarrior will maintain the current support of Kinetis devices, while new Kinetis devices will be rolled into KDS.
  2. Q: Can I import CodeWarrior projects?
    A: Yes and no. CodeWarrior uses a different compiler (Launchpad GNU ARM gcc), while KDS is using a different version with different libraries. The build tool panels are similar, but not the same (KDS is using the open Source GNU ARM Eclipse plugins, while CodeWarrior uses an earlier and modified variant of that). As such, the compiler and project settings are similar, but not compatible. Moreover, the libraries (EWL in CodeWarrior, newlib and nano in KDS) are completely different. There is a migration assistant feature in KDS (see the KDS Quickstart Guide) which helps with some of the migrations settings. But it might be a cleaner approach just to create a new project with the new project wizard, and then add the CodeWarrior source files to the new KDS project instead.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos

marekpolak
Contributor I

Hi Daniel,

So our company bought CW before 1 month in good faith, that it is professional tool which you will support, when you let us pay for it 4995$ and then you say, that it is impossible to upgrade our application to newer MCUs because you not provide support for them. I didnt notice on your website, that you somewhere write, thet you will not support CW with new MCU. And in MQX 4.2 there is clone of board twrk64f120m for BSP, PSP, MFS, but there is no clone for USB. Why? 

0 Kudos

danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Marek:

Codewarrior doesn't support new Kinetis MCU, but it supports K64, and Codewarrior is still a supported tool. You are welcome to post your questions in Codewarrior space when you have.

USB_V2 is a new USB unified stack for Kinetis SDK, also works with MQX, it was compiled and tested with ds5, iar, kds, uv4, unfortunately codewarrior is not in the list.   Yes, the clone tool does not clone USB_v2 stack. I think it is missing in MQX BSP clone wizard. The workaround is to do it manually, it is just "copy and paste", Sorry for the inconvenience that maybe caused.

I think you can port your project to KDS, we have a porting guide to convert or import an existing kinetis project to a KDS project, please refer to the attached.

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos