cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Could not find symbol XXX in index

tiberiusvanca
Contributor II

Hi there,

i have troubles setting up the indexer chain in CWDS.

When i want to follow (CRTL + click)  a certain function, wich is implementend in a complet different file, i get the above mentioned error message.

Somehow if i search the function name and its implementation manualy and open the corresponding file, the all (CRTL + click) work for the symbols defined/implemented in that opend file until i use Index >> Rebuild context option on the project.

The project is rather big, round about 100 source files + headers, and has a complex folder structure... but is non the less buildable, debugging works... Project include paths should be visible to indexer...

I use:

- CodeWarrior for MCU
     Version: 10.6.4
     Build Id:150416

on a Windows 7 64 system.

Thanks in advance

Kind regards

Clemens Grünberger

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Alice_Yang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Clemens Grünberger,

Does your project can be attached to here ?

If not , could you create one new project ,then only copy the files which define the function you

mentioned and call the function , check whether use "Ctrl+click"  can detection the right function.

If not , please send your project to me . My meaning is to reproduce your problem .

BR

Alice

0 Kudos

tiberiusvanca
Contributor II

Hi Alice,

thanks for your respnse.

Meanwhile i could find the poisous setting.

I am working in a multi target project. The only problem was that in the project relevant setting the Indexer got the wrong Target assignet. Hence it got the wrong Include paths. Once i assigent the correct target, all coresponding symbols could be resolved.

Kind Regards

Clemens

0 Kudos