cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power mode transition when i.mx7 SNVS supply first power on

Jump to solution
weidongzhou
Contributor I

According i.mx7 RM Figure 6-7. chip will enter ON state when both SNVS supply and 'Chip power' present.

And according Table 6-8, the user need to push the 'ON' button to force the chip enter the power on state.

Questions:

1. Which statement is correct regarding in Figure 6-7 and Table 6-8, for the i.mx7 SNVS Supply first power on?

2. What does the words ' Chip Power present' mean in Figure 6-7? Do we have other power supply connect to chip than the original SNVS Supply, to let the chip enter power on mode?

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Weidong

yes this is right understanding, procesor automatically asserts
PMIC_ON_REQ  after power-up.

Best regards
igor

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi weidong

seems correct is Figure 6-7, ' Chip Power present' means

all power supplies are present according to power-up sequence

described in datasheet.

http://cache.nxp.com/files/32bit/doc/data_sheet/IMX7DCEC.pdf 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos
weidongzhou
Contributor I

Hello, Igor

In Figure 6-7, how can we turn on those power supplies to the i.mx7 chip, after SNVS power on reset? Look into SABRE design, i.mx7d connect a signal PMIC_ON_REQ to PF3000 to switch on main powers. Does that mean i.mx7d will automatically assert PMIC_ON_REQ  after SNVS power on reset? I can not find any statement in RM for this scenario.

Weidong

0 Kudos
igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Weidong

yes this is right understanding, procesor automatically asserts
PMIC_ON_REQ  after power-up.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos