Questions on initializing with JTAG Config and TCL files.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Questions on initializing with JTAG Config and TCL files.

ScottNicolet
Contributor I

I’m trying to setup codewarrior to interface to a custom board with a T1024 processor.  I have created a custom JTAG Configuration File (to load the RCW), and a custom TCL file to allow configuring the necessary registers.  How do I setup the project to first load the JTAG Config File, and then the TCL file?  I am not concerned with downloading any other files or code since I am only trying to perform basic hardware checkout.  Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

When using JTAG configuration file as Target type, the first thing CodeWarrior do is to run the RCW override and then it will execute the initialization file.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ScottNicolet
Contributor I

Thanks.  Ok, so the order of the two launch configurations does not matter? 

Also, should only the launch configuration setting for the one that calls out the JTAG Configuration file have the "Execute Reset Sequence" checked?

I'd like to have some confidence that I'm generally setting these up correctly before I start trying to debug a new board!  If there are any documents or cheat sheets that provides some details on this I'd be interested (I couldn't find anything).

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos

addiyi
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Applying RCW override (JTAG config file) is done in the same launch config with initialization file. In launch config you need to select the initialization file and JTAG configuration file to be use as Target type. After the RCW is applied using RCW override, reset is needed so you need to have Execute target reset checked.

pastedImage_1.png

More information you can find in Targeting_PA_Processors (Chapter 8.2) available in \PA\Help\PDF\.

Adrian

0 Kudos

ScottNicolet
Contributor I

Ok, I think I understand now.  I wasn't picking up on the "target type" defining the JTAG Config file.  THANKS!!

0 Kudos