K10 Power Up Restart Issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

K10 Power Up Restart Issue

rickz
Contributor I

I'm developing an application running on a K10 using CodeWarrior.  My application runs fine while using the PE Micro Multilink Debugger, but I haven't had any luck finding out how to change the project configuration so that the code will run standalone in the micro when the debugger has been removed and I do a power on restart.  This seems like it ought to be something like loading the beginning of the application where the startup interrupt vector looks, but I am either not doing it correctly or there is more involved.

Any suggestions on how to do this or where I can look for additional resources would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rick

Please first check whether the application code was programmed in to flash memory, not in RAM. And whether the watchdog is disabled?

Please also check whether the code calls printf() to output to debugger console, if the board is not connected, the MCU will get stalled waiting for the console, in this case please :

1)Remove the printf function, or

2) Set  printf() output to the UART por.  Please refer to this link:

https://community.freescale.com/message/391776#391776

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos