Hi, I'm using TWR-K60N512-KEIL Starter Kit with the latest SDK 2.0 generated for MK60DN512xxx10 (SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10 package). I succeed to generate the .elf file for the free_rtos_hello sample application. Infortunately application execution crashes d

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I'm using TWR-K60N512-KEIL Starter Kit with the latest SDK 2.0 generated for MK60DN512xxx10 (SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10 package). I succeed to generate the .elf file for the free_rtos_hello sample application. Infortunately application execution crashes d

jlo1969
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm using a TWR-K60N512-KEIL Starter Kit with the latest kinetis SDK 2.0 generated for MK60DN512xxx10 (SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10 package). I succeed to generate the .elf file for the free_rtos_hello sample application.

Unfortunately the application execution crashes at startup during clocks initialization.

The generated SDK is not exactly for the TWR-K60N512 starter kit but for its new release (TWR-K60D100M). What are the differences between these 2 releases. How can I succeed to execute the SDK sample code on the old TWR-K60N512 starter kit? Thanks in advance for your help

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
7 Replies

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi, Jose,

As you know there are multiple tower board, TWR-K60N512, TWR-K60D100M, TWR-K60F120M..., they use different K60 processor, even I am a bit confused.

I just checked the schematics of TWR-K60D100M, you have to use UART3 for TWR-K60D100M to communicate with TWR-SER board. Of course, you can use DB9 UART port on TWR-SER board as DEBUG PORT.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

jlo1969
Contributor I

Hi XiangJun, 

In fact I understood that sample applications were for TWR-K60D100M board only and not for the kit (with Tower boards and TWR-SER board). And "hello world" is printed correctly on a COM terminal connected to the CDC-ACM USB port associated to the USB link. I checked and my sample code is using the UART5 port as the DEBUG PORT. 

I tried to modify it to UART3 because on schematics I see that pins A43 & A44 (PCI EXPRESS TOWER SYSTEM PRIMARY connector) are used by TWR-SER board for the UART link. Unfortunately it doesn't work! In fact no UARTx selection on "board.h" file allows DB9 port on TWR-SER to be used as the DEBUG PORT. (I checked the pins 1&2 for both J17 and J19 are closed on TWR-SER board).

Is it really possible to use the DB9 UART port on TWR-SER board as DEBUG PORT?

Best Regards, 

José 

0 Kudos

jlo1969
Contributor I

Hi all, 

After having "now " correctly imported the KDS freertos_helloworld project (provided by SDK2.0), I have a code execution with no crash but unfortunately there is no "Hello World" displayed on my COM terminal connected to UART link. Is there any jumper on TWR-K60D100M board or TWR-SER which could explain not having characters on UART link?

Currently the jumpers are set to default values (as explained in documentations).

Besides, to check that hardware is ok, how can I download the provided .bin file (in the sample directory) in the target to execute it? I'm using the KDS 3.0 with the GDB PEMicro interface.

Thanks in advance.

José

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,

Regarding your issue that the PC can not print "hello world", I have checked the schematics of TWR-K60F120M, I do not think the you need any jump for the tower board. But pls check the freertos_helloworld project whether it uses UART5 port and use PTE8/PTE9 as the UART5 pins.

Secondly, you have to configure the TWR-SER board, pls close pin1&2 for both J17 and J19.

BR

XiangJun Rong

0 Kudos

jlo1969
Contributor I

Hi David & Xiangjun, 

Thanks for your help. I ordered the new TWR-K60D100M board to replace the old one (TWR-K60N512) and I just received it and I'm starting to use it now.

The good news is the code execution doesn't crash anymore when executing BOARD_BootClockRUN() function in HelloWorld (with FreeRTOS) application. Clock setup looks OK now.

Unfortunately, it crashes now during next initialization function BOARD_InitDebugConsole() when it tries to write a character on UART (DbgConsole_Putchar() function). I'm using the Tower System with the Serial Module (TWR-SER) and I would like to use the serial port as a trace port for my developments :-(

What is going wrong now using a sample application generated with the latest SDK2.0 (SDK_2.0_MK60DN512xxx10) on the latest TWR-K60D100M kit?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,

José 

Screenshot from 2016-09-15 17-07-26.png

0 Kudos

xiangjun_rong
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi,all

As David said that there is difference bwtween the K60 silicon on TWR-K60N512 and the latest TWR-K60F120M, the latest SDK2.0 for K60 is based on TWR-K60F120M. If you do want to use the old TWR-K60N512 and the latest SDK2.0 for K60, I suppose the code for MCG has issue, pls check it.

BR

Xiangjun Rong

0 Kudos

DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Jose,

I think the issue is the TWR-K60N512 is very old and first generation (Rev 1.x) of the K60 silicon.

The KSDK_v2 you built I believe is for the K60 Rev 2.x silicon and therefore builds but not run on the TWR-K60N512.

I would recommend getting the updated version of the K60 Tower kit which is the TWR-K60D100M (Rev 2.x silion) and it should work for you with the KSDK_v2.

If you want to try and patch your code to make it work with old silicon (I don't recommend this method) there is an old appnote that explains the difference between K60 Rev 1.x and Rev 2.x silicon:

Migration Guide: Kinetis® K 100MHz Rev 1.x to 120MHz

http://www.nxp.com/files/microcontrollers/doc/app_note/AN4526.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Application%20Notes...

AN4526

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos