cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MQX 4.2 Examples Fail to Build

Jump to solution
Mike_d
Contributor IV

I'm trying out the MQX 4.2 example projects with CW 10.6.4 and they fail to build once processor expert generates code.  This does not happen with MQX 4.1.1.  How do we fix it so it works like 4.1.1?

0 Kudos
1 Solution
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

I had to tweak the hello_world to be PE friendly.

In the Properites for the project hello_frdmk64f I added the following to the GCC C Compiler Include paths:

"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../../lib/frdmk64f.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/Generated_Code/System"

"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../../lib/frdmk64f.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/Sources"

"${ProcessorExpertPath}/lib/Kinetis/pdd/inc"

Note I copied from the pe_demo_frdmk64f but had to add one extra layer of "../" to the path.

image001.png

Now it compiles without error.

Regards,

David

View solution in original post

5 Replies
danielchen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Michael:

I suggest you make clean all, and then make it again. If this issue still exists, could you please give more info, how to reproduce your issue in my side?

Regards

Daniel

0 Kudos
Mike_d
Contributor IV

Hi Daniel,

To reproduce simply generate code from the BSP PE project and build all MQX projects as usual, I'm using the K64 Freedom board examples.  Import the hello example and try to build it.

Regards,

-Mike

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

To ensure you have open all the correct projects I recommend you close all projects in CW10.6.4, then drag-n-drop the "C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\demo\pe_demo\build\cw10gcc\pe_demo_frdmk64f\pe_demo_frdmk64f.wsd" file into the "CodeWarrior Projects" window.  This will ensure only the projects you need are opened.

Then do a clean of all projects as Daniel mentions.

Then for the bsp_frdmk64f have your Processor Expert->Show Views opened so you can see the Components window.

In the components window, click the "Generate Processor Expert Code" icon to have PE generate the example code to the bsp.

Now compile the BSP, then the PSP, then the pe_demo_frdmk64f application.

I just tried these steps successfully.

Regards,

David 

0 Kudos
Mike_d
Contributor IV

Hi David,

That works, pe_demo_frdmk64f builds.  Can you try building the hello example?

"C:\Freescale\Freescale_MQX_4_2\mqx\examples\hello\build\cw10gcc\hello_frdmk64f"

Regards,

-Mike

0 Kudos
DavidS
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Michael,

I had to tweak the hello_world to be PE friendly.

In the Properites for the project hello_frdmk64f I added the following to the GCC C Compiler Include paths:

"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../../lib/frdmk64f.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/Generated_Code/System"

"${ProjDirPath}/../../../../../../lib/frdmk64f.cw10gcc/debug/bsp/Sources"

"${ProcessorExpertPath}/lib/Kinetis/pdd/inc"

Note I copied from the pe_demo_frdmk64f but had to add one extra layer of "../" to the path.

image001.png

Now it compiles without error.

Regards,

David