PN512: output sdata to SIGOUT using TestBus

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PN512: output sdata to SIGOUT using TestBus

sandervanschie
Contributor I

I'd like to output bit D6 from the TestBus which shows the actual received data stream. In order to this, I've set TestSel2Reg to 0x07 and TestSel1Reg to 0x05. This unfortunately does not work. Basically it does not matter what I write to TestSel1Reg, it is always the same. Also changing TestSel2Reg gives the same output. An image of this output is attached (this signal repeats a couple of times per second).

0 Kudos
1 Reply

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sander,

According to PN512's datasheet, it seems that TestSel1Reg[TstBusBitSel] field is used to map any bit from the testbus to be propagated to SIGOUT pin, however, if you look to Aux1/Aux2 pin description you will notice that TestBus signals can also be mapped to Aux1/Aux2 pins (AnalogTestReg). Please check that AnalogTestReg that controls AUX1 and AUX2 pins uses combination 1111 to map the TestBus-bits that are defined in TestSel1Reg. Have you tried to check if Aux1/Aux2 signals show the testBus signal that is configured in TestSel1Reg?

If I am correct, SIGOUT pin is controlled in the TxSelReg[SigOutSel] and combination for this register defines the 0011 for TestBus signals, after setting this field to 0011, you will be able to map this testBus signals to SIGOUT as well. Have you already done this configuration?

Hope this helps!

Regards,

Isaac

0 Kudos