AnsweredAssumed Answered

Issues building project w/ CW10.7 for MK20FX512VLQ12

Question asked by Kayvon Sadaghiani on Sep 7, 2016
Latest reply on Nov 2, 2016 by ZhangJennie

Hi Everyone,

First off, my apology for any silly questions as I am new to the world of programming MCU’s (I've taken some classes in C programming & some experience programming Arduinos). I’ve been reading around and watching YouTube tutorials, but still feel stranded, so I would be extremely grateful for any tips/suggestions, or if you know a more appropriate place to seek help.

An ex-employee worked on a project that I am picking up on. I have been trying to figure out how to compile and load the firmware onto MK20FX512VLQ12 using codewarrior & U-MULTILINK-FX-ND USB multilink debugger. I thought this would be a simple task, but I am running into problems building/compiling the project that I have not been able to resolve on my own. 

I have all the c-source/ header files the ex-employee created, and I assume all of the code is correct since the employee had recently successfully programmed several boards. One limitation however is these files do not have an existing project folder, thus I am unable to import the project into codewarrior and have opted to trying to copy the files into a new project.

Upon attempting to build the project, I encountered a number of errors. I am thinking perhaps compiler paths are not set-up correctly in codewarrior or maybe the source/header files in the project are not organized in the correct folders. I've included details & screenshots below of how I have setup the project, and errors encountered:

Setting up the new project in codewarrior (screen shot attached):

• New > MCU BareBoard project
  • Device > Kinetis K Series >K2x Family > K20F Family > MK20FX512

Organizing files:

As I mentioned above, I already have all source & header files. 

I copied all header files (.h) into “Project_Headers” folder & all source files (.c) into “Sources” folder.

Building the project (screenshot attached):

This is where I encounter a ton of errors; majority of build the errors are:

• “the file 'GPIO_PDD.h' cannot be opened“
  • “the file ‘SPI_PDD.h’ cannot be opened”
  • “the file ‘UART_PDD.h’ cannot be opened”

I have found UART_PDD.h & GPIO_PDD.h located in

C:\Freescale\CW MCU v10.7\MCU\ProcessorExpert\lib\Kinetis\pdd_100404\inc

The closest I could find to SPI_PDD.h is QSPI_PDD.h

From reading online, it seems maybe the problem is a compiler path is not set up correctly.

However I have not been able to figure out how to fix this.

Thank you again & regards,

Kayvon

Attachments

Outcomes