In Session register, what is the writting sequence and values of all the registers in order to write 1b to Bit#6 (Pass-Through) of NC_REG.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In Session register, what is the writting sequence and values of all the registers in order to write 1b to Bit#6 (Pass-Through) of NC_REG.

kfchoong
Contributor IV

Hi Sir/ Madam,

I am developing Pass-Through for NXP NTAG I2C 1K application (Datasheet NT3H1101_1201.pdf). 

I am struggling how to configure or write Pass-Through ( Bit #6 in NC_REG, inside session register).  I have try to write it, but it still remain as "0" when read back.  May I know what is the appropriate values of all the 7 register in session register, in order to be able to write a "1" into Bit #6 of NC_REG, of Session Register ? 

I do feel that there are certain bits and registers have to be configure first before this Bit #6 is able to be written.

For example, Bit #6 (I2C_LOCKED) of NS_REG, will be automatically set when Register WDT is written 0xFF. 

I have tried out many experiment to get this work, but still I am not able to get the result. 

Please help soon.

Thank you for your advice.

Cheers,

KF Choong

1 Reply

Jorge_Gonzalez
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello KF Choong,

The Pass-through mode bit (PTHRU_ON_OFF) can only be enabled when both interfaces (I2C and NFC) are ON. Soif there is not a field from an Active NFC Reader over the antenna of the NTAG I2C device, the bit will automatically reset to 0.

I hope this clarifies.

Regards!

Jorge Gonzalez