cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UART Receiver Register (UARTx_URXD) issue

alielseddeek
Contributor II

Dear All,

I am trying to communicate with iMX6 quad through UART. I succeeded in establishing the transmitting part but I can't receive anything. UARTx_UTXD doesn't respond in any way whether I press any key or not.

I tried also to follow the steps mentioned in section 64.13.1 "Programming the UART in RS-232 mode" but I had the same issue. All the previous experiments were done baremetal through the SDK.

Did I miss something regarding the configuration settings or something?!

Thanks in Advance

Best regards
Ali Elseddeek

Labels (1)
3 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali

please look at attached example from sdk and description

in Chapter 33 Configuring the UART Driver pdf file.

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alielseddeek
Contributor II

Thanks Igor for your reply. I already have seen this chapter in addition to attached example but I had no clue. I also would like to mention that the example receiver part doesn't work either.

Question1) Is there any configuration that is specific for the receiving part since I can transmit anything I want?
Question2) Note that I am using Uart2 module in my tests so is there a possibility that I should use another one?

Thanks in advance

Best regards
Ali Elseddeek

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ali

suggest to look at attached one more example.

Best regards
igor

0 Kudos