Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMAX6 Quad / ADV7280M / Linux Driver / V4L2 Architecture / Address Register Map

Jump to solution
peteramond
Contributor V

Dear All,

I'm using the ADV7280M chip in a new design. Currently I have a IMX6 Quad Sabre Lite development board and I'm trying to decode one CVBS input to feed iMax MIPI using the circuit which I was made from ADV7280M. I connected ADV7280M with iMAX6 using I2C and MIPI data lane.Also, I have Linux distribution that has an adv7180_mipi.c driver.

1.       Does this driver compatible with ADV 7280M ? Does Analog Devices have a Linux driver for ADV7280M ? Are you aware of any other driver support or how this driver can be used to stream video from the ADV7280M ? Can you tell me the way of combining ADV7280M with Video 4 Linux architecture ?
  2.       As well as it is not possible to run the script given here ADV7280 / ADV7280-M Design Support Files for ADV7280M development board as I have made my PCB using only ADV7280M chip. There is no usb data communication and I'm just using I2C and MIPI data and clk pins of the chip to communicate with iMAX6. So I need to address the registers of the ADV7280M chip in a different way( Not like in Script). So can you tell me how should I address for each and every registers of the chip using I2C or provide some reference materials ?

Thank You,

Peter.

Labels (2)
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

we dont have a specific driver for ADV7280M. You may need to implement your own driver. In the Kernel source of our BSPs you may find adv7180.c that may help. And also you can consider ADV7280M to behave as a camera, so you can pull code from ov5640_mipi.c.

162494_162494.pngpastedImage_1.png

On the other hand, there are people who have done very similar stuff, please check attachments in following thread.

A Simple tutor for writing i.MX6 mipi driver, use adv7480 as an example 

Finally, you may use the Linux I2C tools which implement some commands.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-1477 

Regards,

Carlos

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Peter,

we dont have a specific driver for ADV7280M. You may need to implement your own driver. In the Kernel source of our BSPs you may find adv7180.c that may help. And also you can consider ADV7280M to behave as a camera, so you can pull code from ov5640_mipi.c.

162494_162494.pngpastedImage_1.png

On the other hand, there are people who have done very similar stuff, please check attachments in following thread.

A Simple tutor for writing i.MX6 mipi driver, use adv7480 as an example 

Finally, you may use the Linux I2C tools which implement some commands.

https://community.nxp.com/docs/DOC-1477 

Regards,

Carlos