AnsweredAssumed Answered

How to configure for Pass Through in NTAG I2C 1K Memory

Question asked by KF Choong on Sep 6, 2016
Latest reply on Feb 20, 2017 by Riccardo Colella

Hi Sir / Madam,

I am developing microcontroller firmware to communicate to outside world through NTAG NFC (Reference: NT3H1101 / NT3H1201).  I am using NTAG I2C 1k memory, and have problem understand and configure for pass-through mode (NC_REG, bit#6 - PTHRU_ON_OFF) in session register ( I2C block address : 0xFE) .

My question is as follows:

(1)  I am not able to write to Bit#6 in NC_REG, example 0x7F or 0x40.  But I can write to all other bits, for example writing 0x3F.  Please help.

(2) The SRAM inside device memory start at block address 0xF8, allocate 64 bytes.  If I have written 1b to Bit#1 (SRAM_MIRROR_ON_OFF) inside NC_REG, and then written 0x01 to SRAM_MIRROR_BLOCK register,  the device will copy all SRAM contents from SRAM (block address 0xF8)  to first block of User memory (Block address 0x01).  Then, both I2C interface can read back the SRAM content from block address 0x01, with and without Pass-Through configured.  And, RF interface can read out the content of SRAM from this mirror location (block address 0x01) through NFC tag, with Pass-Through configured.  Am I right ? Please help.

(3) I can read back the register I have just written when I read back only 1 byte at a time, following the I2C diagram in the datasheet (Page 37, Figure 17). But when I read it back in 7 bytes ( The last is not read) in one read, I am not able to get the contents of other registers (Register byte#1 to Byte#5).    I can only read back 0xFF for all these registers. The only 2 register can be read back are the first (NC_REG) and last (NS_REG) registers.  Please help.

Please let me know if you need any more information.

Please help.  Thank you for your advice.

Cheers,

KF Choong

Outcomes