cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I2C pinout error

jirikuba
Contributor I
Hello guys,
I have found an error in the datasheet for FRDM-KL25Z. It is regarding to I2C bus on pins PTE0 and PTE1.
In FRDM-KL25Z User's Manual (Rev 2).pdf can be found a picture with pinout stating that pin PTE1 is positioned on header J2 pin 20 and PTE0 is positioned on header J2 pin 18. So far so good.
However in FRDM-KL25Z Pinouts (Rev 1.0).pdf is written that that pin PTE0 refers to I2C1_SDA and is positioned on header J2 pin 20 and pin PTE1 refers to I2C1_SCL and is positioned on header J2 pin 18. It is not correct, SCL and SDA are SWAPPED!
I see that it is correct on FRDM-KL26 board, so somewho should fix it for FRDM-KL25. I was not able to find direct contact from NXP.
Regards,
Jiri
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

Robin_Shen
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Jiri,

Sorry for our document issue may bring any inconvenience to you. I will contact documentation team to update it in next version!

Best Regards,

Robin

0 Kudos

jirikuba
Contributor I

Hi Robin,

Thank you for letting me know. I have built a board based on incorrect datasheet so I have to manufacture it again, not too painfull but still about £150 loss. Have you considered a little reward for discovering the error? What about one free FreedomBoard - they are awsome, I am big fan!
I am very pleased to hear back from NXP, it was little bit hard to figure out where to submit my finding.
Best regards,
Jiri
0 Kudos