Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Number of flexio peripherals on kl17?

Jump to solution
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Hi,

Can somebody please confirm the number of flexio peripherals supported by KL17? According to the document it supports

" One FlexIO module supporting emulation of additional UART, IrDA, SPI, I2C, I2S, PWM and other serial modules, etc."

Does that mean 1 FlexIO module supporting multiple serial modules at same time (eg Uart and I2C simulataneously or  2 I2C simulataneously)?

Or 

1 FlexIO module supporting 1 of the serial module? (Eg : 1 FlexIO UART or 1 FlexIO I2C)?

As per the reference manual, there is only 1 FLexIO base address "0x4005_F000". 

Many Thanks,

Tony

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

FlexIO gets you one additional peripheral.
While probably not impossible, I'd say it is impractical to try to use it for two things at once even if they are both I2C.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

FlexIO can only do one thing at a time.

0 Kudos
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Thank you for the quick reply Bob.

Does that mean flexIO needs to be reconfigured run time if it needs to support another module? 

I was hoping to have 2 I2C masters using flexio. with 2 different set of pins configured(eg: PORTD6 and PORTD7 for bus 1 and PORTD0 and PORTD1 for bus 2 ). I guess that is not possible?

0 Kudos
bobpaddock
Senior Contributor III

FlexIO gets you one additional peripheral.
While probably not impossible, I'd say it is impractical to try to use it for two things at once even if they are both I2C.

0 Kudos
tonymakkiel
Contributor III

Thank you Bob Paddock.

0 Kudos