cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Baseversion error while c_patch android source

jaffinmk
Contributor III

Hello

I had previously downloaded the android AOSP 5.1.1. Now I am trying to build it for imx6 board. And I am following the android users guide to build android on imx6. But while trying to do c_path function I am getting the following error.

~/Desktop/xxxxx/imx6source$ c_patch /media/xxxxx/Data/iMX6/android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_core_source/code/L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga/ imx_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga

Parsing basefile /media/xxxxx/Data/iMX6/android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_core_source/code/L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga/baseversion...
Check work tree and patch dir based on /media/xxxxxx/Data/iMX6/android_L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga_core_source/code/L5.1.1_2.1.0-ga/baseversion...
Checking CHANGE project - build ...
fatal: Not a git repository (or any of the parent directories): .git
Error! Base version commit a9c8e589abbd5f14df1ffac6d6e90f83bd6648fb doesn't exist in git /home/xxxxxx/Desktop/xxxxx/imx6source/build. Stop

Please advise.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

gusarambula
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hello Jaffin MK,

Are you following the Android User’s Guide? Did you have any error on any part of the process? If so, please let us know which step on the document gave an error.

It would seem that the problem is related to the git settings. Are you following the document from the start? You mentioned experience with Android AOSP, please note that you would need to star from scratch installing the Android BSP as it uses a specific commit and patches may not be applied correctly to any commits.

Regards,

0 Kudos

jaffinmk
Contributor III

Hi

I am following the Users Guide. I tried by redownloading the 5.1.1 core source package again. But still having the same problem. I searched the community and found few people having similar problem but with no solution. Right now, I am going to try building the 6.0.1 package if that will work or not.

0 Kudos