Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need support for USB CCID using Kinetis K82

Jump to solution
gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi,

I am using FRDM-K82 board for developing an application in which,  when the USB of FRDM-K82 is plugged into windows it has to be recognized as Microsoft CCID.

For this I am searching for USB CCID sample code, but I cannot find it. Please I need support for USB CCID using kinetis K82. 

1 Solution
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammad,

The EMVL1_SendApduCommand function is inside emvl1_interface.c file which is also included in the K64 USB CCID package. That function will also call emvl1 core code so most probably you will need to add those files in your project too.

As you do not talk to smart card in this case, I suppose you may still need to change some of the code to make it work on your side.

Hao

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
ivadorazinova
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Mohammad Gouse

Please, download KSDK for K82 at Welcome to Kinetis Expert | Kinetis Expert 

Build an SDK -> FRDM-K82F

and refer to the guide mentioned here

USB CCID demo on MK64 

I hope this helps.

In case of any other question please let us know.

Best Regards,

Iva

gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi Iva,

Thanks for your response.  Already I download it and try to convert it for K82 but i am getting more compiling errors. 

In that link Hao wang is using UART0 interfaced with NCN8025 smart card reader. 

But in my situation I am not using NCN8025, i need just USB CCID to be interface with windows and got to be recognized as smart card reader in windows.

I need to send and receive some data or commands between windows and K82 using USB CCID that's it. 

In details, the windows application will send some command to K82 through USB CCID, then K82 will perform some task and return back some data to windows app.

0 Kudos
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammad,

For the USB CCID demo on MK64, I am not using UART0 to interface with NCN8025, instead it's directly connected to smart card connector. 

I suppose you are not using smart card PHY like NCN8025 in your system. In the porting guide I shared, I included two parts, the first part is on K81 USB CCID demo based on EMVSIM module and using NCN8025, this is what we already have in KSDK release code. The 2nd part is on using UART-ISO7816 to connect directly with smart card. If your connection is like the 2nd one and you are not using EMVSIM and intend to use UART-ISO7816 on K82, then you need to go through the steps in the port guide and apply it on K82. Let me know if you still got problems.

Hao

gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi Hao Wang,

Thanks for your response. 

Can you please send me the link for first part K81 USB CCID demo

Thank You

0 Kudos
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammad,

Why would you need K81 USB CCID demo? You plan to use EMVSIM module to connect smart card or you will connect external PHY?

If you just wish to use UART-ISO7816 to connect smart card directly, then all files needed is already included in K64 CCID demo.

Complete K81 KSDK2.0 package requires you to sign NDA. You may need to contact our sales person.

Hao

gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi Hao,

I am developing an application with Kinetis K82 in which when we plug the Kinetis K82 to windows, it has to be recognized as Micrsoft USBCCID smartcard(WUDF).  

Actually the Kinetis K82 is not interfaced with smartcard or NCN8025. In details, the windows application will send some command to K82 through USB CCID, then K82 will perform some task and return back some data to windows app. So I need USB CCID source code for K82

pastedImage_1.png

If need to sign in NDA, please tell me the procedure for it. Need complete K82 SDK package with USB CCID demo code.

Thanks

Mohammad Gouse

0 Kudos
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammad,

The USB CCID demo code is already included in K64 USB CCID demo. You can find the following files for that demo. usb_device_ccid.c and usb_device_ccid.h implements the main logic for CCID class.

pastedImage_1.png

gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi Cutworth,

I tried to implement this CCID demo code with K82, but i am getting the following errors

pastedImage_1.png

0 Kudos
cutworth
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Mohammad,

The EMVL1_SendApduCommand function is inside emvl1_interface.c file which is also included in the K64 USB CCID package. That function will also call emvl1 core code so most probably you will need to add those files in your project too.

As you do not talk to smart card in this case, I suppose you may still need to change some of the code to make it work on your side.

Hao

0 Kudos
gouse_saudi
Contributor II

Hi Cutworth Wang,

Thanks for your response, I comment the code lines related to emvl, then it works. Kinetis k82 is recognized as microsoft usbccid smartcard reader(WUDF).

pastedImage_1.png

Thaks once again.

Regards,

Mohammad Gouse

0 Kudos