cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S32DS debug erasing flash

ivanmandic
Contributor II

Hello,

Is there a way to preserve a part of flash memory that i use to store some data (configurations etc.) when i debug (other then data/eeprom blocks)? I tried to use advanced options under debug configuration -> debugger -> advanced options but it got erased anyways. I'm using MPC5744P.

Best regards,

Ivan Mandić

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

allenyu
Contributor II

Hello,

I have a question about S32DS for POWER.

There are 2 projects “A” and “B”, the difference between “A” and “B” is memory allocation (link file).

Project “A” uses 0x00000000 ~ 0x00007FFFF and Project “B” uses 0x00008000 ~ 0x000FFFFF.

I download “A.elf” to SPC5606S at first, then I preserve memory 0x00000000 ~ 0x00007FFFF (Debugger -> Advanced Options) and download “B.elf” to SPC5606S.

I expect the MCU will run “A” project, but, in fact the MCU runs “B” project.

I think there might be something wrong with me, if I want MCU to run “A” project, what should I do?

Advanceed Options.png

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

at first, check reset vector address. This address determines, which code will be executed after power on.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

martin_kovar
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Ivan,

we are in touch with development team, which is responsible for Non-volatile memory preservation. I will write you back as soon as I have any information. Please be patient.

Regards,

Martin

0 Kudos

ivanmandic
Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I'm looking forward to the answer.

Best regards,

Ivan Mandić

0 Kudos