how usbdromstack is different from device stack part of nxpusblib ?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how usbdromstack is different from device stack part of nxpusblib ?

sudheerv
Contributor II

Except residing in ROM ,,how usbdromstack is different from device stack part of nxpusblib?

what benefits i get by using usbdromstack instead of nxpusblib,, excluding space and speed.

i mean code wise any new features available ?

i need to implement a custom class driver( for  usb device controller)  .

for this i am in dilemma ,weather to select open source nxpusblib or closed usbromstack.

( i assume there is no much changes b/w device stack part of nxpusblib and usbromstac

so want to go for nxpusblib as it is open.--- is this fine ??).

Any suggestions will be helpful.

1 Reply

isaacavila
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Sudheer,

USB ROM API is stable/easy of use. For small projects or evaluation, we recommend to use USB ROM API.

The weakness of ROM API is that we can't share source code to customers, this means ROM API is not easy to understand nor flexible. If you face a stack problem or create a new class, ROM API is not good as nxpusblib.

If you have deep knowledge on USB interface and stack, ROM API and nxpusblib could be the same, maybe, you'd like to use nxpusblib rather than USB ROM API because it is easier to debug and trace.

If you have little knowledge on USB or it is not a big project, we believe that ROM API is the best choice.

Here is an introduction video to nxpusblib and USB ROM API that you be helpful: Making USB Easy with On-Chip ROM Drivers and "nxpUS|NXP 

Regards,

Isaac