AnsweredAssumed Answered

Not able to Re-initialize Watchdog clock as OSCCLK in S12G micro

Question asked by Ganesh Vijaya Kumar Puppala on Sep 1, 2016
Latest reply on Sep 2, 2016 by iggi

Hi,

I have a problem in re-initializing the COPOSCSEL0  register.

I do work on S12G micro controller and I have bootloader and application flashed on the micro.

Here, In bootloader I do initialize the CPU registers as shown below,

CPMUCOP   = 0x44;

CPMUPROT    = 0x26;
   CPMUCLKS    = 0x80;
   CPMUOSC     = 0x80;
   CPMUREFDIV  = 0x80;
   CPMUSYNR    = 0x01;
   CPMUPOSTDIV = 0x00;
   CPMUPLL     = 0x00;

while (!UPOSC){}

CPMUCLKS   |= 3;

Now, in application I  do initialize the CPU registers in the same way except watchdog.

CPMUPROT    = 0x26;
   CPMUCLKS    = 0x80;
   CPMUOSC     = 0x80;
   CPMUREFDIV  = 0x80;
   CPMUSYNR    = 0x01;
   CPMUPOSTDIV = 0x00;
   CPMUPLL     = 0x00;

while (!UPOSC){}

CPMUCLKS   |= 3;

CPMUPROT    = 0x01;

I am initializing the CPMUCOP = 0x44 far later the initialization of CPU clock regusters.

So now, please look into the observations below,

1) When I flash application only, and monitor the CPMUCLKS register value at run time, I can observe 0x83,

2) When I flash bootloader only, and monitor the CPMUCLKS register value at run time, I can observe 0x83.

3) But when both the bootloader and application are flashed on to the board, and when the control is in application now I can read CPMUCLKS value as 0x82 only.

So in the 3rd observation I can see COPOSCSEL0 is not set, but I need that bit to be set because OSCCLK should be used for COP on my project.

So, One more observation I have made in application is I am initializing the CPMUCOP far later the initialization of CPU clock regusters.

What I observed is when control jumps from bootloader to application watchdog is already initialized and when I try to set the COPOSCSEL0 bit CPMUCOP register, It is not  at all set.

What should I do to set the COPOSCSEL0 bit in application when bootloader is present.

Is there any dependency between the COPOSCSEL0  and CPMUCOP registers?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Ganesh Vijaya Kumar P.

Outcomes