MFR4310 is no longer recommended. Are there any alternative product?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MFR4310 is no longer recommended. Are there any alternative product?

luffy
Contributor I

USED to Flexray module。

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
5 Replies

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The status "not recommended for new design" means the product is mature and currently reached his guarantied longevity period. But this does not mean this device is announced to EOL and needs to be replaced in existing designs.

In case if you want to use this device in a new design, please consider a device with built-in FlexRay controller.

Please look this community topic for reference:

What is the most popular FlexRay Communication Controller for now? 

Note - FlexRay is related to "Automotive" product segment, please use automotive community for further questions.

Have a great day,
Alexander

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

norbert_speda
Contributor I

Hello Alexander,

your answer "In case if you want to use this device in a new design, please consider a device with built-in FlexRay controller." confuse me.  Why you want push users to use microcontrollers with inside flexRay controller? Is that a marketing gag?

There exists some safety issues to have it outside the microcontroller and it is application dependent.

In one of our application we use the internal MCU flex controler and externally two MFR4310.

I need a reliable answer from NXP that the production and the availability of the MFR4310 is given also in the future.

In our development que are some projects where we have planned to use the MFR4310 together with a powerpc MCU with internal flexraxy controller.

It would help us when we can get a reliable answer from NXP.

In advance a big "THANK YOU" for the support!

0 Kudos

luffy
Contributor I

thank you very much! your reply is very helpful,thank you!I still have some questions to ask you, why MFR4310 soon discontinued it? To upgrade or not to produce it? There will be no separate communication controllers do?

lufy_537@163.com

0 Kudos

alexander_yakov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

The status "not recommended for new design" does not mean the product is "discontinued".

0 Kudos

luffy
Contributor I

thank you very much for your reply。I still have some questions to ask you, why MFR4310 soon discontinued it? To upgrade or not to produce it? There will be no separate communication controllers do?

0 Kudos