cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help for recent NXP linux kernel generation

Jump to solution
gabrielgrange
Contributor III

I ran a 4.1.29-fslc Linux version image from yocto krogoth. I need to regenerate this kernel with our specifics options & devicetree.
I got linux4.1-1.0.x-im source kernel linux version via command "git clone --depth 1 -b 4.1-1.0.x-imx git://github.com/freescale/linux-fslc"

I generate kernel with default imx_v6_v7_defconfig configuration file (i use imx6 quad plus).
The generating stops with :

LD drivers/usb/core/built-in.o
CC drivers/usb/storage/usual-tables.o
LD drivers/usb/storage/usb-storage.o
LD drivers/usb/storage/built-in.o
LD drivers/usb/built-in.o
LD drivers/built-in.o
LINK vmlinux
LD vmlinux.o
MODPOST vmlinux.o
GEN .version
CHK include/generated/compile.h
UPD include/generated/compile.h
CC init/version.o
LD init/built-in.o
drivers/built-in.o: In function `mxsfb_probe':
debugfs.c:(.text+0x45500): undefined reference to `mxc_dispdrv_gethandle'
make[1]: *** [vmlinux] Error 1

• Is something wrong with version frescale 4.1.30 linux version or is there is a other new configuration to do ?

• What is the best way to generate a specific kernel (based for example for imx6qpsabresd target) without the associated specific defconfig file ?

Best regards,
Gabriel GRANGE

Labels (3)
0 Kudos
1 Solution
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Sorry, I did not noticed you are using a community BSP. Please note that the community BSPs are not released by NXP, therefore we don't provide support of those releases. To ask for help to the community BSP developers go to freescale.github.io and subscribe to the mailing list in the contributing section.

On the other hand, the former Freescale BSPs released by NXP are located in git.freescale.com > fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

If you choose to use any of our BSPs we can provide support on any question or concern you have.

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Linux Kernel 4.1.30 is not available yet. Can you please indicate where did you get this?

Carlos

0 Kudos
gabrielgrange
Contributor III

Hi Carlos,

I generated imx6qpsabresd image from yocto-krogoth that generate zImage with 4.1-1.0 signature and modules package with 4.1.29-fslc+g59b38c3 signature.

So I got linux4.1-1.0.x-im source kernel linux version via command "git clone --depth 1 -b 4.1-1.0.x-imx git://github.com/freescale/linux-fslc".

I think we are going to keep yocto-jethro because several custom hardware work fine with 3.14.52 linux kernel but not with linux4.

Regards,

Gabriel

0 Kudos
Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Gabriel,

Sorry, I did not noticed you are using a community BSP. Please note that the community BSPs are not released by NXP, therefore we don't provide support of those releases. To ask for help to the community BSP developers go to freescale.github.io and subscribe to the mailing list in the contributing section.

On the other hand, the former Freescale BSPs released by NXP are located in git.freescale.com > fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git

If you choose to use any of our BSPs we can provide support on any question or concern you have.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!