Repo initialization problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Repo initialization problem

mohamedhusain
Contributor I

When  initializing repo for yocto project setup ,we are getting a problem like this:

Get git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git
2016/09/01 09:54:31 socat[4806] E read(): EOF during read of socks reply, peer might not be a socks4 server
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies

jimmychan
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Would you tell me which BSP are you using?

Basically, you can download the BSP and the documentation from here:

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

For example :i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP    

In the Documentation, there is a "Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide".

Please follow the section 3.2 to setup the repo utility.

0 Kudos

mohamedhusain
Contributor I

I was trying to setup the same  bsp following the user guide.  But work under a proxy. Configured http_proxy. 

Git http.proxy.  etc

But failed to download the bsp.

0 Kudos

godwinpmathew
Contributor I

Hi,

I'm going through the same issue. How did u solve it?

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Godwin,

When 'repo init' process is completed, the source code is checked out into the directory <BSP-Directory>/sources. A successful initialization will end with a message stating that Repo is initialized in your working directory. Your client directory should contain a hidden .repo directory where files such as the manifest will be kept.

If errors occur during repo initialization, try deleting the .repo directory and running the repo initialization command again

Regards,
Carlos

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

godwinpmathew
Contributor I

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your helping mentality. Hoping for the same. Following is the copy of my terminal window. How can I solve this?

ubuntu@ubuntu-VirtualBox:~$ repo init -u git://git.freescale.com/imx/fsl-arm-yocto-bsp.git -b imx-3.10.53-1.1.0_ga
2017/01/30 09:43:05 socat[2142] E read(): EOF during read of socks reply, peer might not be a socks4 server
fatal: Could not read from remote repository.

Please make sure you have the correct access rights
and the repository exists.

0 Kudos

Carlos_Musich
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Godwin,

Did you deleted .repo directory and tried again?

If the problems persists verify that you have internet connection and you may contact your system administrator because if you are using firewalls or porxy server this may avoid conenction to repo.

Regards,
Carlos

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos