Switching B4860QDS from NOR to NAND boot

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching B4860QDS from NOR to NAND boot

chandramills
Contributor I

I tried setting the Switch banks to boot from NAND flash.  When I reset the board nothing happended.

Is there a procedure to switch the boot from NOR to NAND and do I have to install software (U-boot etc.) in the NAND flash before switching from NOR to NAND?

Thanks,

C-

0 Kudos
4 Replies

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Our SDK Linux for the B4860QDS board does not support booting from NAND Flash. It generates u-boot for booting from NOR Flash only.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

chandramills
Contributor I

We need to have a file system in Linux (64-bit) that supports more than 30 Mb.  The NAND flash supports 512 Mb.  How does one boot a configuration that allows linux to have a bigger root file system?

0 Kudos

Pavel
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Change u-boot configuration file for NAND Flash on your board. See attachment. It is b4860qds u-boot configuration file.

U-boot configuration file is located in the u-boot source folder: /include/configs. This folder contains the .h files for the different boards.

Have a great day,
Pavel Chubakov

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

0 Kudos

chandramills
Contributor I

Did you include the attachment you mentioned above?   Is the procedure for switching to NAND also included?

Thanks,

C

0 Kudos