cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Gaming Handset Mode

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi,

I am trying Rotation and Gaming Handset mode. These two modes should not be affected by magnetic interference.

But, when I put the strong magnetic around the device and I can see the angles are changed a lot, especially on YAW.

Can anyone tell me if it is normal because the sensor is out of normal working range or other reasons? How to make these modes work on magnetic interference, turn off magnetic sensor?

Thanks,

Christie

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies

michaelestanley
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Christie,

I can guarantee you are not in gaming mode.  You may think you are, but you're not.  Because mode change commands are only sent when you click a button on the GUI, it is possible for the GUI and embedded application to get out of sync.  This can happen during development if you rebuild and download your application without restarting the GUI.  It can also happen if the communications link between the GUI and embedded app are somehow disrupted.  It's easy to tell if you are out of sync.  In the "Algorithm" pain on the "Main" tab of the GUI, you should see a graphical indicator to the right of whichever algorithm radio button you selected.  If the two are out of sync, they will not be aligned. 

This is easy to fix.  Simply reset the board and restart the GUI.

MIke

0 Kudos

a8Chcx
Contributor V

Hi Mike,

You are right. It is fine after I re-start board and application.

Thanks,

Christie

0 Kudos