cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

object files recursively copied

cabl
Contributor III

Hi,

I´m experiencing a strange behaviour when using several build configurations in my DSC project (under CW 10.6). If I choose a diferent folder for each build configuration, but all of them are under ${ProjDirPath}, everything goes fine. When I build configurations A, B and C, I find new ${ProjDirPath}/BUILD_A, ${ProjDirPath}/BUILD_B and ${ProjDirPath}/BUILD_C folders populated with obj, d and args files, as expected.

But when I setup the output folders of the configurations to have a common parent path other than ${ProjDirPath}, lets say ${ProjDirPath}/BIN, the binary files are copied recursively and every build takes longer to finish:

1) I clean the project

2) I build configuration A. I get a ${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_A folder with the files I expected

3) I build configuration B. I get a ${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_B folder with the files I expected as well as a ${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_B/BIN/BUILD_A folder with the object files of the A configuration

4) I build configuration C. I get a ${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_C inside what there´s a /BIN/BUILD_A folder and a /BIN/BUILD_B folder (with /BIN/BUILD_A inside).

In summary, these folders show up:

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_A

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_B

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_B/BIN/BUILD_A

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_C

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_C/BIN/BUILD_A

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_C/BIN/BUILD_B

${ProjDirPath}/BIN/BUILD_C/BIN/BUILD_B/BIN/BUILD_A

Has anyone suffered this problem?

Regards,

CABL

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Reply

TICS_Fiona
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello Carlos

This is a problem of DSC build tool chain. I have reported it to our developers. For details, please refer to my reply to you in case 00086640. Thanks!

Best Regards
Fiona Kuang
TIC - Technical Information Center

0 Kudos