cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GPU hangs on iMX6q with CPU Freq 996k

rolfw
Contributor I

Hi

while running ELG programs on an i.MX6q run fine when using initial CPU freq of 369 kHz, after switching to 996 kHz they stop working with issuing 

[ 3249.942674] [galcore]: GPU[0] hang, automatic recovery.

[ 3249.956633] [galcore]: recovery done

in log. Any idea what's the problem here?

Linux 4.1.18 with galcore 5.0.11.p4.25762

Thanks

Rolf

0 Kudos
2 Replies

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Rolf

one can check if board is hanging without gpu drivers,

please try with L4.1.15 from nxp official i.MX6Q product page

(Linux 4.1.18 is not supported)

i.MX 6 Series Software and Development Tool|NXP 

If it hangs please run ddr test

https://community.freescale.com/docs/DOC-105652 

Best regards
igor
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

rolfw
Contributor I

Hi Igor,

thanks for reply!

The board itself does not hang. I can stop the process, change the CPU Freq back to 369 kHz and GPU works fine again. I suppose may be some kind of bus freq or power manager problem or so. Debugging a bit the galcore I found that commands to the GPU got enqueued but then stuck and potentially never received by the GPU. 

I have looked into the latest NXP 4.1.15 branch and found that the galcore driver has been updated compared to what I am using and some new imx-busfreq drivers and DTS added compared to what I am using.

I am currently setting up a test with the L4.1.15 to see if it's working there and if so, updating my kernel drivers. Will report back, what's the result. In the meantime I was curious to hear if that problem is a common one experienced before.

Best

Rolf

0 Kudos