How to use USB Multitouch Panel on i.MX6 (Sabre Lite) board?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use USB Multitouch Panel on i.MX6 (Sabre Lite) board?

Jump to solution
sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello there, 

With i.MX6 dual lite (Sabre Board) we are using USB Multitouch Panel. Please guide us how to make it work. I tried to connect the multitouch panel USB interface to USB OTG, but it didn't work. If driver required, please tell me how to install on android or any other possible way to have multitouch to work with SABRE.  

Using imx-3.14.28_1.0.0_ga-mfg-tools. Does it support device tree?. 

Thanks

Pole 

0 Kudos
1 Solution
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

Please have a check.
Have a great day,
Dan

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

View solution in original post

12 Replies
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

Here are you using the 3.14.28_1.0.0 version linux BSP?

Have a nice day

Dan

0 Kudos
sreeharshap
Contributor II

HI Dan,

Now I'm getting following error when I connect usb multitouch panel on i.MX6.

But when I connect mouse using USBOTG, it works fine. Only with USB Multitouch Panel I'm finding this issue.

>>usb 1-1: new full-speed USB device number 3 using ci_hdrc hid-generic 0003:222A:0001.0004: device has no listeners, quitting

Looking forward to your update.

Warm regards

Pole

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

In the software here you need to add the usb multitouch panel driver to your board. The no listeners maybe caused by this. And there is other reason, as the output power supply by the otg is 5V, and the usb multitouch panel  need 12V power. So you have to give the 12V power to your usb multitouch panel . You have to check this.

By the way, you need to use the otg host line to connect your usb multitouch panel to your board. As the default otg usb is work on device mode, when you are using the otg host line, the usb multitouch panel  will work on host mode.

All above can cause the usb multitouch panel work fail. Hope this can help you.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks so much for the detailed mail.

Our USB Multi-touch panel is working fine. If we use the host mode USB cable it works fine.

Now our issue is with LVDS - Our custom board has only LVDS0 but the default kernel setting seems to be LVDS1. How can I change LVDS1 to LVDS0?

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

It's my pleasure. I hope it real can help you.

About the USB Multi-touch panel, host mode usb cable can work.

About the another question about LVDS, reply is as follow:

Both LVDS0 and LVDS1 can work, and the default using it the LVDS1. Here you can set the LVDS0. You can refer to the following thread.https://community.nxp.com/message/521216?commentID=521216#comment-521216 

Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Mark Correct  button. Thank you!

0 Kudos
sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks for your kind response always.

I have one more very important query.

Till now I used to download the BSP and bitbake.

Now I would like to modify source (DTS - device tree structure).

Inside BSP download, I could not find DTS file.

Please let me know

1. How to download the source

2. Modify and compile

3. Build image and write to SD .

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

You can refer to Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf supply in our website.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

Thanks again.

I have checked this document but I don't find how to download the source and edit the source.

Document is more on building image from the bsp download.

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

About the porting BSP you can refer to i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf. The Freescale_Yocto_Project_User's_Guide.pdf  is for environment setting, build.

The use guide is for the download and boot up.

Best Regards

Dan

0 Kudos
sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hi Dan,

I'm sorry to trouble you, can you please provide the like to "i.MX_6_BSP_Porting_Guide.pdf".

Thanks

Pole

0 Kudos
Rita_Wang
NXP TechSupport
NXP TechSupport

Hi Pole,

Please have a check.
Have a great day,
Dan

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

sreeharshap
Contributor II

Hello Den,

Yes,

>>Linux imx6qdlsolo 3.14.28-1.0.0_ga+g91cf351 #1 SMP PREEMPT Fri Mar 20 21:49:03 CST 2015 armv7l GNU/Linux

Regards

Pole

0 Kudos