cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add display with ili9341 controller (SPI+RGB666) Linux on iMX6DL

savitadhiman
Contributor I

Hi All,

I are trying to configure the above display “DET24QVF2H-C” from Densitron to be used with IMX6DL sabre EVB board on Linux operating system (Yocto BSP, Kernel 4.1.15) and facing some issue while driving it.

The connection interface of the display with IMX6DL is Data Interface : Parallel RGB (with Image Processing unit) and SPI as control interface.

The drivers available for ILI9341 with mentioned BSP is configured to work with multiple Displays but non from Densitron, By default driver is configured to work with “mi0283qt-9a” display (probably ?) and all register configuration is done for the mentioned display. And it’s not working with Densitron display.

Can anyone please help us with configuring of DET24QVF2H-C display with IMX6DL sabre board?

Please have a look at following doubts and queries regarding the same:-

1) Do you think the current drivers that we have are suitable to use with DET24QVF2H-C display?

2) Configured LCD interface and SPI interface. Please see attached files.

3) I have modified device tree to add pin configuration of above and also added fb_ili9341 (also generic frame buffer driver) driver as module in kernel. Is there any other changes that I need to do apart from these. Any document that details configuration on interfaces will be useful.

4) When i use following command at u-boot prompt:- setenv mmcargs setenv bootargs console=${console},${baudrate} ${smp} root=${mmcroot} video=mxcfb2:dev=lcd,DET24QVF2H-C,if=RGB666 video=mxcfb0:off video=mxcfb1:off video=mxcfb3:off fbmem=32M

root@imx6dlsabresd:~# fbset mode "240x320-69" # D: 6.350 MHz, H: 23.175 kHz, V: 69.387 Hz geometry 240 320 240 320 16 timings 157480 20 10 10 2 4 2 rgba 5/11,6/5,5/0,0/0 endmode

root@imx6dlsabresd:~# I am able to see display as FB0 and FB1 overlay. But there is another FB2 (with SPI interface). When i try to write something on all above framebuffer devices with following command i don't see anything. echo 0 > /sys/class/graphics/fbx/blank dd if=/dev/urandom of=/dev/fbx Please provide your help on this.

Thanks and Regards

Savita Dhiman

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6qdl-sabresd(1).dtsi.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: mxc_lcdif.c.zip

Original Attachment has been moved to: imx6dl-sabresd.dts.zip

0 Kudos
2 Replies

sameerpatil
Contributor I

Hi Savita,

Did you managed to LCD working with SPI+RGB interface. I am also struggling to integrate SPI code in mxc_lcdif.c file.

your feedback will be helpful for me.

Thank You!

Sameer Patil

0 Kudos

qiang_li-mpu_se
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Savita Dhiman, you should merge the SPI related code into mxc_lcdif.c driver.

Attached is an example to support SPI+RGB interface driver on IPU, you can reference to to create your driver. This driver is based on old kernel (3.0.35).

0 Kudos