cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cfimager error -22

thekarl
Contributor I

Hello!

I'm having problems with a custom board with an i.MX28 processor (see https://community.nxp.com/message/653838?et=watches.email.thread#comment-653838). I have a theory that the problem is related to the flash memory, so I want to run the i.MX28 On-Board Diagnostics Suite. I have built the obds binary and am trying to flash it to an SD-card with cfimager (part of the obds package). The command I've run and its output is as follows:

>cfimager.exe -f mx28-obds.sb -d h -a

Failed to unlock drive, closing anyway!

Error: error -22

I've failed to find any information of what error -22 means. Can someone here help me figure it out?

Is there an alternative to cfimager?

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
4 Replies

thekarl
Contributor I

I found the cause for the failure to unlock the drive. The program did not run with admin rights. When it's run as admin, wrting to the sd card works.

But I've run in to aother problem. When I try to boot the device from the sd card I get the following output on the usb debug interface:

HTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ
Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ

The Undefined InsHTLLCLLJ part repeats forever.

Is something wrong with the boot image?

0 Kudos

Yuri
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hello,

The "Undefined Ins" message may be caused because of memory bug.

Also please take a look at the next thread :

What does 'Undefined Ins' mean in u-boot? 

Regards,

Yuri.

0 Kudos

igorpadykov
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Karl-Johan

could you try :

cfimager.exe -f ./output/mx28/bin/mx28-obds.sb -d g 

(use -a option for the first time when format is needed)

Best regards

igor

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

thekarl
Contributor I

That command gives me the same output, so I don't think it's the -a option that is the problem.

The SD-card i'm trying to flash is formatted as FAT32, if that matters.

0 Kudos