Does flash-resident bootloader supported for K22F can decrypt/verify encrypted application Image?

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does flash-resident bootloader supported for K22F can decrypt/verify encrypted application Image?

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Hi,

I am workingm on MK22FN512VVL12 chip and as per my understanding it has support for  flash-resident bootloader.
Now we want to load encrypted application onto the external flash of my system. Is it possible to decrypt/verify this image by the bootloader.

If not by default, how can we add that feature in the bootloader? Is there any support for encryption libraries available in KSDK 2.0.

Thanks,

Swapnil

0 Kudos
3 Replies

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swanpnil,

Regarding to your request, I'm afraid that the requirement beyond the K22.

And I'd highly recommend that you to choose the K81 or K82 instead of the K22 to achieve the usage.

Now the KBOOT v2.0 support boot from an encrypted QuadSPI image, however this method can only be used on K8x processors which inlude OTFAD support and you can learn the more information through the http://www.nxp.com/files/soft_dev_tools/doc/user_guide/KBLQSPIUG.pdf?fasp=1&WT_TYPE=Users%20Guides&W...
Have a great day,
Ping

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

0 Kudos

swapnilpendhare
Contributor III

Hi Ping,

Thanks for the inputs.

We have finalized design with K22F series controllers. I checked CAU and mmCAU software library which provides software encryption library. Can these be used for decryption of data at either (preferably) bootloader  or Application stage.

Thanks,

Swapnil Pendhare

0 Kudos

jeremyzhou
NXP Employee
NXP Employee

Hi Swapnil Pendhare,

Thanks for your reply.

The K22 doesn't have the mmCAU, in another word, the CAU and mmCAU software library doesn't support the K22.

Hope it helps.
Have a great day,
Ping

Note: If this post answers your question, please click the Correct Answer button. Thank you!